This Savannah townhouse was built between 1879 and 1882. The house had been maintained and underwent a renovation in the mid 20th century to become several apartments. The client wanted to return the house to a single family residence. She being an avid painter, gave the stipulation that the ground floor serve as an artist’s studio for her use. The space also serves as a gallery and studio for visiting artists. The upper floors were restored to their original use with the exception of the second floor which is only the master suite. One entire room was devoted to the bath and doubles as a private sitting space.