Isle of Hope
The addition of several well-crafted outbuildings has revitalized this Isle of Hope property to accommodate the modern family and its guests, reestablishing the home’s deserved position of prominence on “The Bluff.” Alexander Perry Solomon built the original cottage in 1859 and named the house “Liberty Hall.” Bluff Drive, known for its historic cottages, has a colorful history, including this property, built on the foundations of an old horse car station. The cottage, with its porches and deep overhangs, is Southern Coastal vernacular architecture at its purest. The new buildings are designed to connect comfortably through scale and material. The grounds include several 200 plus-year-old live oak trees and help to connect the buildings, which are based on the theme of simple coastal grace.